925 Silver

Silver is a beautiful metal; it’s a lovely colour, it’s shiny, it compliments everyone’s skin tone. I imagine everyone has at least one piece of Silver jewellery, especially 925 Sterling Silver jewellery. Sterling Silver is a very common material in jewellery, and for good reason. 

 

925 Sterling Silver is 92.5% pure silver, which is naturally very soft, with the remaining 7.5% being made up of alloy metals such as Copper, Nickel or Zinc. These alloy metals strengthen the material, making it less likely to bend or warp. This added durability makes it ideal for jewellery as it has the beauty of the precious metal with added strength. The metal is also usually hypoallergenic which means it is highly unlikely to irritate the skin. The only exception to this is if the Silver is alloyed with Nickel which may irritate those with more sensitive skin; however this is very rare. 

 

You can identify Sterling Silver by the hallmark (stamp) on the pierce of jewellery; usually the stamp has the number 925 or S925 to prove that the metal is genuine Sterling Silver. If you can’t find any type of hallmark on the jewellery, it’s probably not real Sterling Silver. 

 

The strength of Sterling Silver is perfect for setting gemstones and moulding into lots of different shapes. The material is perfect for any type of jewellery; rings, necklaces, pendants, earrings, and even bracelets. 

 

Here at Karma Jewellery, we have a wide selection of Sterling Silver jewellery. In our women’s section we have 495 pieces and in the men’s section we have 354 pieces, all made from Sterling Silver. If Silver is your metal of choice, we have got you covered. With this much choice, including necklaces, rings, earrings and more, you are bound to find the perfect jewellery for yourself or who you are buying for. You can shop our men’s and women’s Sterling Silver jewellery online or in store.

Facebook
Twitter
LinkedIn
Pocket
Scroll to Top